Join Andy Needham for an in-depth discussion in this video Work with lights and shadows, part of Cinema 4D R20 Essential Training: VFX.
- [Instructor] In other courses in the R20 series, … we've looked at how lights work inside of Cinema 4D. … But to recap briefly, we need to tell lights … to cast shadows and give them fall offs … so that they behave more like real world lights. … That being said, the light cast does not bounce … and so you'd need to turn on an effect … called global illumination … to achieve a more realistic sense of lighting … at the expense of slower render times. … So before we continue, and as is common … when we have footage in our scene, … you may not be able to see this immediately, … and it might not be connected. … So come over to the texture manager … and make sure that you reconnect the footage … just by coming to edit … and then either relink or replace textures. … You can relink to the source footage … You should then get a green tick in the status … and everything should look as it does now. … So, before we continue, let's take a render of our scene … so that we have a reference point. …
- What are VFX?
- Automatic and manual 2D tracking
- Solving the 3D camera
- Calibrating a camera
- Scene reconstruction
- Object tracking
- Animating geometry
- Animating cameras
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with Projection Man
- Creating fractures
- Making fractures move
- Rendering using takes and tokens
- Compositing multipass renders
Skill Level Intermediate
OctaneRender for Cinema 4D Essential Trainingwith Andy Needham4h 59m Intermediate
X-Particles 4 for Cinema 4D Essential Trainingwith Andy Needham5h 40m Intermediate
Cinema 4D R20 Essential Training: Motion Graphicswith Andy Needham4h 59m Intermediate
1. What Are VFX?
2. Get Started with Motion Tracking in C4D
3. Motion Tracker: Solve and Calibrate
4. Motion Tracker: Additional Workflows
5. Geometry, Cameras, and Animation
6. Materials and Lighting
7. Work with Projection Man
8. Destruction Techniques with Voronoi Fracture
9. Takes, Tokens, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.