Join Andy Needham for an in-depth discussion in this video Work with Global Illumination and Ambient Occlusion, part of Cinema 4D R20 Essential Training: VFX.
- [Narrator] In the previous movie, we added a Sky Object … to our lighting set up, … and I felt that while it had the effect … of bringing out the reflectivity of the materials … the overall effect was too strong … and it was moving the lighting in the wrong direction. … So I've gone ahead and I've adjusted the lighting. … So what I've did is reduced the intensity … of the fill lights … and then I excluded the tabletop from the Sky Object. … And so, you can see from this render that I've already made … that we're now getting the shadows back. … So let's just step through that. … So we can see what I did in Cinema 4D, … if we come over to the lighting, the fill lights, … we come down to the General tab here, … I reduce the intensity on these by varying amounts, … and on the Sky Object, in the Compositing Tag, … we can come over to the Exclusion, … and we can exclude objects from the Sky Object. … So, all I did was find the tabletop … and just drag it into this list. … And so that is going to be excluded from reflection. …
- What are VFX?
- Automatic and manual 2D tracking
- Solving the 3D camera
- Calibrating a camera
- Scene reconstruction
- Object tracking
- Animating geometry
- Animating cameras
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with Projection Man
- Creating fractures
- Making fractures move
- Rendering using takes and tokens
- Compositing multipass renders
Skill Level Intermediate
OctaneRender for Cinema 4D Essential Trainingwith Andy Needham4h 59m Intermediate
X-Particles 4 for Cinema 4D Essential Trainingwith Andy Needham5h 40m Intermediate
Cinema 4D R20 Essential Training: Motion Graphicswith Andy Needham4h 59m Intermediate
1. What Are VFX?
2. Get Started with Motion Tracking in C4D
3. Motion Tracker: Solve and Calibrate
4. Motion Tracker: Additional Workflows
5. Geometry, Cameras, and Animation
6. Materials and Lighting
7. Work with Projection Man
8. Destruction Techniques with Voronoi Fracture
9. Takes, Tokens, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.