Join Thanassis Pozantzis for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Up and Running with Bodypaint in CINEMA 4D.
- In order to follow through comfortably you need a good understanding of Cinema 4D. The interface, material creation, material application and of course what materials are. If you have no idea what I'm talking about please search the lynda.com database and you will find some excellent tutorials on the basics of Cinema 4D. You will also need to know enough about Photoshop: layers, masks, brushes and effects. And the reason is that Adobe Photoshop and body paint have a lot of commonalities in the way they work.
And I think that body paint imitates to a certain degree, how Adobe Photoshop works. Now mind you, we will use Adobe Photoshop files, psd files, as our bitmap files. Lastly, a basic knowledge of peeling fruit, apples, oranges and bananas, would be quite helpful. And of course, a basic appreciation of good humor will take you a long way in life. Terms and conditions apply.
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
CINEMA 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.