Splines are a sequence of vertices connected by lines, lying in 3D space. In this video, we look at the fundamentals of working with splines in CINEMA 4D.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] Put simply, Splines are…a sequence of vertices connected by lines.…If you're familiar with Adobe Illustrator, you'll…be aware of Splines already.…They're called paths in Illustrator.…In the case of Cinema 4D, Splines live in 3-D space…and their vertices can be manipulated in the…X, Y, and Z axis.…A common motion graphics task is to reproduce…a logo in 3-D.…And we're going to cover the various…techniques and processes you'll need to follow…to accomplish this task.…Let's first look at the fundamentals of working…with Splines in C4D.…
So, I might just filter the V-port a bit so you can…see these lines a bit easier.…And you can come up to here and just Filter, Grid.…And I'm just going to Filter the World Axis, as well.…So, a line that is created between the vertices can be…straight or curved.…It all depends on the type of .…And the type of Spline defines the interpolation.…In the straight Spline, the Spline type is set to linear,…and the interpolation between the points is hard.…
With a curved Spline, the type of Spline is set to Bezier.…
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders with After Effects and C4D
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
9. Motion Graphics Challenge
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.