In filmmaking, visual effects are the processes by which imagery is created and/or manipulated outside the context of a live-action shot. In this video, learn about what visual effects are and how they have become an integral part of the story and style of modern-day films and TV shows.
- [Narrator] What are visual effects?…In film making, visual effects are the processes…by which imagery is created and all manipulated…outside the context of a live-action shot.…Type the effects in your favorite image search engine…website and you wll see some examples similar to this.…Visual effects involve the integration of live action…footage and generated imagery to create environments…which look realistic, but it would be otherwise…impractical to capture own film due to additional expense,…danger to the casting crew or the fact that these…environments simply don't exist.…
As in many films about science fiction…and comic book adaptations.…With the advancement in computing technology…and software such as Cinema 4D and After Effects,…creating visual effects has become accessible to all.…VFX has changed from being the final layer of gloss…to an integral part of the story and style…of modern day films and TV shows.…
Note base compositing software such as Nuke and Fusion…are widely used in visual effects pipelines…
- What is VFX?
- How is C4D used by VFX artists?
- Setting up a project for tracking
- Solving the 3D camera
- Removing lens distortion
- Solving and saving lens profiles
- Importing a model
- Manipulating keyframes and curves
- Creating shiny, refractive, and displaced materials
- Working with C4D lights and shadows
- Lighting with Sky objects
- Compositing mulitpass renders
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Cinema 4D R18 Essential Training: Motion Graphicswith Andy Needham5h 12m Intermediate
1. What Is VFX?
2. The Importance of Motion Tracking
3. Preparing and Animating Models for VFX
4. Basic Materials
5. Basic VFX Lighting
6. Camera Projection and Modelling
7. Takes, Tokens, and Multipass Rendering
Challenge overview1m 49s
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.