Join Thanassis Pozantzis for an in-depth discussion in this video What is a UV map?, part of Learning Bodypaint in Cinema 4D.
- At this point you should be quite confused.…If you're not, maybe you're not paying attention.…Let me introduce Fred.…Fred is part of the content browser of Cinema 4D.…Now how I brought him here,…how I did all this,…and even the layout is a custom layout,…so forget about it and just…concentrate on the information…I'm trying to tell you.…So this is the UV map of Fred.…Now what that means is that for every polygon…that makes up our friend Fred,…his body in particular,…you can see every time I select a polygon…another polygon gets selected here.…
Now watch this.…With my move tool…I will move this polygon around,…but you see no movement here.…I will undo.…Now with the same move tool,…I'm going to try and move something here.…Nothing really moves.…So currently, the only thing we see here…is what selection of which polygon we have.…But that doesn't help you, does it?…Anyway, let me explain what this does.…This little polygon here…tells this polygon here…which pixels from this square…are going to be projected in here.…
Now because this whole surface is dark gray,…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.