Join Thanassis Pozantzis for an in-depth discussion in this video What are UV islands?, part of Learning Bodypaint in Cinema 4D.
- Have we ever been to the Greek islands?…Well, I have and I don't care about you.…Back to UVs now.…Just to get the terminology correct,…I want to talk about UV islands…and definitely not the Greek islands.…Let me show you what I mean.…I will make a sphere.…And just make it editable.…And now we have a polygonal sphere…and a UV dotted map.…Let me go to my bodypaint UV edit.…I will zoom back…and go to my UV polygon edit mode.…
Get my Live Selection Tool.…Select some polygons.…And I'm gonna shift and click here to select these as well.…Get my Move Tool and just move that out.…It doesn't matter, you can move them anywhere.…You can move them on the others, you can move them out.…We'll talk about this later extensively.…So these unconnected groups are called islands.…So we have our main UV and we have two islands.…
Now in theory, this...…is and island by itself.…But for terminology's sake,…and so that we can communicate properly,…this is what we call an island.…And of course, an island can be just one.…Let me zoom in.…One polygon.…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.