In this video, learn how to animate in CINEMA 4D by understanding what keyframes are and how to set and manipulate them as we animate a ball bouncing down stairs.
- [Instructor] The most common way…of creating animation in C4D…is by setting keyframes.…It is possible to create animation…without setting any keyframes at all,…but let's not get ahead of ourselves.…A keyframe in C4D is essentially…a piece of data stored at a specific point in time.…C4D will look at the keyframes in the timeline…and will create the animation between them…using interpolation.…Now, I've mentioned a few technical terms there,…so, for those unfamiliar,…let me clarify with an example.…So, let's start with keyframes.…
We will just create a cube,…and even in this coordinates panel here…you can see anything with a dot next to it…is an animatable property.…So, we could create a keyframe on the x-axis,…and you can see in the mini timeline over here…that a keyframe has been created.…And that is what that little marker is there.…And, if you click on it,…you can view the properties of that keyframe.…Just bring this over.…You can see a bit more.…You saw me move the play head,…and I just clicked on this green marker and dragged it.…
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders with After Effects and C4D
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
9. Motion Graphics Challenge
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.