Join Andy Needham for an in-depth discussion in this video What is Projection Man?, part of Cinema 4D R20 Essential Training: VFX.
- [Narrator] Projection mapping is a technique that allows … you to project 2D images onto 3D surfaces. … It's also known as camera mapping, … which is widely used by map painters in film production. … One of the advantages of this process … is that you do not have to be an expert in 3D … to achieve good results … and the geometry used to project onto … can be relatively simple too. … So here we have an image in Photoshop … of a castle which we want to project onto … that rough geometry in Cinema 4D. … And I've also gone ahead and created an alpha channel … by just tracing around the outline here. … So back in Cinema 4D, we want to start working … with Projection Man. … And the idea behind Project Man is that you have a simple … way of generating and managing materials used for … projection mapping. … It simply takes a lot of manual steps out … and so we'll just open up the Projection Man manager … And it opens in a floating window … which you can of course dock in your interface … just by clicking this and then moving it. …
- What are VFX?
- Automatic and manual 2D tracking
- Solving the 3D camera
- Calibrating a camera
- Scene reconstruction
- Object tracking
- Animating geometry
- Animating cameras
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with Projection Man
- Creating fractures
- Making fractures move
- Rendering using takes and tokens
- Compositing multipass renders
Skill Level Intermediate
OctaneRender for Cinema 4D Essential Trainingwith Andy Needham4h 59m Intermediate
X-Particles 4 for Cinema 4D Essential Trainingwith Andy Needham5h 40m Intermediate
Cinema 4D R20 Essential Training: Motion Graphicswith Andy Needham4h 59m Intermediate
1. What Are VFX?
2. Get Started with Motion Tracking in C4D
3. Motion Tracker: Solve and Calibrate
4. Motion Tracker: Additional Workflows
5. Geometry, Cameras, and Animation
6. Materials and Lighting
7. Work with Projection Man
8. Destruction Techniques with Voronoi Fracture
9. Takes, Tokens, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.