Learn to build a cloth simulation—simulated curtains, flags, and reveals—with the CINEMA 4D cloth system.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Alan Demafiles. I'd like to welcome you to Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in Cinema 4D. Cloth Simulations are an often used tool in motion graphics to showcase logos, animations, and videos; which can also be used for transitions and reveals. Cinema 4D's powerful and flexible cloth tools enable the user to create realistic cloth movement that would otherwise be very difficult to achieve. In this course, we'll look at the different components of Cinema 4D's cloth engine, including the Cloth Tag and Cloth Colliders.
We'll see how to add realistic wind forces that effect the cloth, along with how to attach cloth to other geometry using Belt constraints. Additionally, we'll explore looping simulations with cache tags, and how to correct for problematic areas using the Morph Deformer. Lastly, we'll see how to add logos that stick to a fabric. We'll learn how to create a flag blowing in the wind, how to raise up theater curtains to create a video reveal, and how to set up cloth to unveil a logo. Through this course, you'll gain a general understanding of how to utilize Cinema 4D's cloth tools in your own cloth simulations.
We'll cover everything you need to know about cloth for motion graphics, plus plenty of tips and tricks as we dive into Cloth Simulations for Cinema 4D. Let's get started.
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with Cinema 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 25m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.