Reviews the most exciting new features in C4D R15, including rendering improvements, kerning controls, beveling, and changes to the sculpting engine.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Rob Garrott, and welcome to CINEMA 4D R15 New Features. With version 15, MAXON continues its tradition of solid annual updates of the application and workflow. Under the hood rendering changes, like the new irradiance caching, and ambient inclusion caching, dramatically speed up the rendering process. When it?s time to render your project, the entirely new team render gives you the ability to distribute both animation and stills across multiple machines on a network. Typography designers are going to love the new kerning interface that gives control over the individual kerning pairs, and all the type attributes and all the type objects.
Modeling has gotten some much needed attention with the rewriting of the bevel and slide tools for manipulating the points, edges and polygons of your objects. The sculpting engine has been updated with important new tools like interactive flood, and mesh projection. And workflow changes, like the texture manager for keeping track of your materials, round out this great update. The essentials of Cinema 4D have not changed. It's still the old Cinema 4D that you know and love. It's just got a lot of great new features.
- Rendering faster with ambient occlusion caching and Embree physical rendering
- Setting up Team Render
- Kerning type
- Creating custom edges with the Bevel tool
- Moving edges and points with the Slide tool
- Using the new sculpting options
- Organizing materials with the Texture Manager
- Creating complex, dynamic camera moves with the Camera Crane Rig