Learn to light diffuse, reflective, and transparent objects in CINEMA 4D.
- [Voiceover] Hi I'm Donavan Keith. And welcome to Studio Lighting in CENEMA 4D. In this course we'll look at photographic lighting concepts and techniques. Then apply them specifically to studio lighting setups in CINEMA 4D. We'll get acquainted with how best to reveal the form and texture of our subjects as we light diffuse objects. Next we'll tackle lighting reflective and transparent objects. Along with strategies for accurately placing our highlights. Towards the end of the course we'll explore how to use contrast between light and shadow to dramatically light our subjects.
Now let's get started with Studio Lighting in CINEMA 4D.
- Describing light
- Understanding the difference between real light and light in CINEMA 4D
- Using lighting direction to reveal form
- Adjusting light hardness
- Top lighting a subject
- Rendering reflective objects
- Shooting glass
- Separating objects from the background
- Hinting at a world outside the frame with gobos
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Important Lighting Concepts
Describing light3m 53s
2. Creating a Studio Lighting Kit
Modeling a seamless backdrop7m 32s
3. Lighting Diffuse Objects
4. Lighting Reflective Objects
5. Lighting Transparent Objects
6. Lighting for Dramatic Effect
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.