Covers the basics of the 3D modeling toolkit in CINEMA 4D: splines and polygons.
- Hi, I'm Rob Garrott. Welcome to Cinema 4D Essentials points, edges, polygons, and splines. There are fundamental building blocks that make up all 3D objects and understanding how they work will help create just about any kind of object you could imagine. First off, we'll look at the basic elements, points, edges, and polygons, and some of the key tools for creating and manipulating models at the component level. Next, we'll work with splines, which are a lot like the paths in programs like Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects. Then we'll put all of those concepts to work, creating a 3D model of an audio speaker.
So let's get started with Cinema 4d Essentials polygons and splines.
- Understanding points, edges, and polygons
- Working with the Knife, Extrude, and Bridge tools
- Connecting splines
- Rounding corners
- Extruding paths from Illustrator
- Reviewing the polygon and spline modeling workflow
- Working with NURBs