Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,800 courses, including more Video and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Collecting reference materials
- Planning and blocking out the shot
- Analyzing and tracking the footage
- Solving the tracked shot and setting up the environment
- Creating and adjusting the cloth simulation
- Texturing the flag
- Rendering passes from 3D
- Color grading and adding grain
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi I'm Craig Whitaker and welcome to Visual Effects Techniques: Creating a CG Flag with Nuke X and CINEMA 4D. In this course, we'll walk through an entire VFX shot from conception through delivery. I'll start by showing you how to collect reference material from the web and create a mock up using Photoshop. Then, show you how to use Nuke X Camera Tracker to track the camera movement in our shot. We'll see how to create a CG flag using cloth simulations inside of CINEMA 4D and end with compositing that flag back into our shot in NUKE X.
While this course will focus on creating a photo realistic cloth simulation, we'll discuss a wide variety of 3D and compositing techniques that you will be able to use in many of your own projects. Now, let's get started with Visual Effects Techniques: Creating a CG Flag with Nuke X and CINEMA 4D.
Sign up for a Premium Membership to download courses for Internet-free viewing.
Watch offline with your iOS, Android, or desktop app.Start Your Free Trial
After signing up, download the course here or from the iOS/Android App.