- If you have access to the exercise files, you will see everything laid out by chapter. You will see your Cinema 4D projects, After Effects projects and media. If you need to reconnect to any of your files, either inside of Cinema 4D or inside of After Effects, you can relink everything to this media folder right here. If you don't have access to the exercise files, you can start from scratch with your own assets. Let's get going.
CINEMA 4D (aka C4D) is a vital tool for anyone considering a career in motion graphics, visual effects, or animation. Whether you're just starting out or migrating to C4D from another program, CINEMA 4D R17 Essential Training has you covered. Craig Whitaker explores some of the new features in R17—the version released in August 2015—and segues into a quick-start chapter that reviews the entire CINEMA 4D workflow in just eight steps. The rest of the course divides CINEMA 4D's core functionality into individual chapters on spline modeling, polygonal modeling, deformers, materials and shaders, lighting, the MoGraph toolbox, animation, and rendering. Craig also shows how to composite your C4D work with live-action footage and other effects in After Effects, using the AEC or CINEWARE workflow. By the end of the course, you should be comfortable working with all of C4D's powerful tools.
- What's new in R17?
- Using the Take System for versioning and compositing
- Navigating the C4D interface
- Modeling splines
- Building 3D models from polygons
- Using deformers to bend, twist, and warp models
- Adding surface detail with materials and shaders
- Working with 3D lighting
- Using the MoGraph tools
- Animating in CINEMA 4D
- Rendering your models and animations
- Compositing C4D models in After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
1. What's Different in R17 vs. R16?
2. Getting Started (Quick Start)
3. Spline Modeling
4. Polygonal Modeling
6. Materials and Shaders
7. Using Lights
8. Using MoGraph
11. Compositing in After Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.