Join Craig Whitaker for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of VFX Techniques: Creating a CG Flag with Nuke X and Cinema 4D.
If you are a premium member of Lynda.com, you have access to the exercise files used throughout this title. If you open up the Exercise Files folder you will see everything laid out by chapter. You'll see your Nuke files, you'll see your Cinema 4D projects, some more Nuke scripts, and media. If you need to reconnect any of your files, either inside of Nuke or inside of Cinema 4D, you can relink everything to this Media folder right here. If you are a monthly member or annual member of Lynda.com, you don't have access to the exercise files, but you can follow along from scratch with your own assets.
Let's get started.
- Collecting reference materials
- Planning and blocking out the shot
- Analyzing and tracking the footage
- Solving the tracked shot and setting up the environment
- Creating and adjusting the cloth simulation
- Texturing the flag
- Rendering passes from 3D
- Color grading and adding grain