Join Thanassis Pozantzis for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Texture Viewer, part of Learning Bodypaint in Cinema 4D.
- Let me show you an overview…of our BodyPaint UV Edit Menu.…So, here we have the Texture Manager.…Or UV Manager, as I call it.…Or Tetra Viewer, I think is a more accurate terminology.…Anyway, let's create a couple of materials,…just so we can have a few to play around.…3D Paint and Materials.…Double click, turn it on.…Double click, press OK…and apply it on his body.…
That's good enough, it only took three seconds.…Let's go to BP UV Edit.…And we can paint here as well.…But at the same time, what we can do in this panel…is quite interesting.…I can actually drag any…of the UV maps in here…and that is one of the things we can do.…Another thing we can do is go to Textures…and load any one of the textures.…Let's take a look at this.…
Remember when I was disgracing this chap…by making a red nose.…But I'm going to do it one more time.…And what you will see is that once I paint on here,…you will see the equivalent paint over…or shall I say, under the UV map.…This panel over here is a 2D view.…And let me go to the UV mesh…and turn off the Show UV mesh.…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.