Join Thanassis Pozantzis for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the RayBrush, part of Learning Bodypaint in Cinema 4D.
- It may seem that our only options…for previewing what we're doing…is either our OpenGLView,…or if we get our paintbrush,…our software GLView.…Let me activate…both of them with Shift…so I can paint anywhere I want.…If I zoom in here,…when I'm zooming, I see OpenGL,…when I start painting,…I see the software GL mode.…If I want to see this rendered,…I will press Apple+R, Command+R,…to render it,…and then I'm going to move out.…
But there is a way…where we are allowed to…kind of render semiautomatically.…It's up here, it's called…the Raybrush.…Now, it doesn't work 100%…as I would like it to,…but sometimes it's useful.…What you do,…you click on the Raybrush,…and when you apply a stroke,…you will get a rendered view.…So what's happening now,…we are seeing the image…in a very close proximity…to the final Render View.…
If I move around,…the Render View gets deactivated.…If I click this again,…you can see nothing happens.…If I move my brush,…we see these artifacts,…but once I apply my first stroke,…it will render.…That's a bit of a limitation,…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.