Join Thanassis Pozantzis for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Peeler to unwrap UVs, part of Learning Bodypaint in Cinema 4D.
- In release 16 of CINEMA 4D,…a new unwrapping tool was added for very specific cases.…Here, I have my bananana without any UV polygons.…If I go to my UV Edit, you will see that this is empty,…although my object is selected, I can drag it in here,…nothing happens.…The new tool is called the UV Peeler because it peels things…I'll press Shift C in the Commander and type P-double E-L…for UV peeler and although it's deactivated,…I'm gonna grab it and drop it into my interface…so that I can use it whenever I want.…
I'm gonna click here to get rid of the Commander,…and I'll do the following.…The peeler only works in Edge mode,…so I'm gonna select Edges, deselect everything,…and with my Move tool selected,…if I Shift, double-click on any edge,…it will select a whole row or column.…Basically, I don't want this one, I want this one.…This is good enough for the peeler to work.…
Nothing else is selected, only this edge…from here all the way up to there.…I'll click on the peeler, which is activated now,…and because it has quite a lot of menu items,…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.