Join Thanassis Pozantzis for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Paint Setup Wizard, part of Learning Bodypaint in Cinema 4D.
- How does the Wizard do it?…Well, our friend Mickey's gonna help us…dissect the Wizards inner workings.…Let's go back to our BodyPaint 3D Paint layout.…Let's click on the Wizard.…Let's bring it down here in the middle…for no other reason other than for…balance of the yin and the yang.…I have no idea why I just said that. Anyway.…Step one: select objects. If you see here, we have…a full hierarchy of all the objects that are in our scene.…
And, basically the Wizard is asking us…how many objects here…would you like me to apply materials and UVs to?…And currently we selected all the objects.…We can deselect all and select all…or deselect and just activate a few.…Anyway, I'm going to leave it.…I'm actually going to get rid of everything except…for the body just to show exactly what it does.…The next thing is to press Next.…Step 2: UV Setup. Recalculate UVs.…
As you remember, none of our objects had UVs.…And, what I can do is go Previous or close this down.…I can go to my Standard layout or Startup layout.…You will see that all the objects are polygon objects…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.