The Camera Calibrator tag allows you to obtain a 3D camera from a reference image by interactively placing perspective lines. In this video, learn how to use the Camera Calibrator tag to match the position, orientation, and focal length of a camera used to film a photograph.
- [Instructor] When preparing this lesson originally,…the image I was going to use only had one point…of perspective, and when using the Camera Calibration tag,…it's important to have two points of perspective…as we can see here.…So just be sure to think about that when you're taking…your own images or considering images.…And you can look through this handy document here…on some more information.…So this is the image that we're going to calibrate,…and this was shot near my office in London,…and it looks like a pretty good candidate for this effect.…
So let's dive into CINEMA 4D, and see what we can do.…To begin, we need to create a camera.…So I'll just click on here and add a camera,…and I'll look through it as well just by clicking there.…And what we want to do is add a tag, CINEMA 4D Tags,…and the Camera Calibrator.…The Camera Calibrator we can move onto the Image tab…and we need to give it an image.…So we will come in and we'll choose…our building.…
And what we need to do is make sure the film aspect…matches correctly, so we can then do that by coming…
- What is VFX?
- How is C4D used by VFX artists?
- Setting up a project for tracking
- Solving the 3D camera
- Removing lens distortion
- Solving and saving lens profiles
- Importing a model
- Manipulating keyframes and curves
- Creating shiny, refractive, and displaced materials
- Working with C4D lights and shadows
- Lighting with Sky objects
- Compositing mulitpass renders
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Cinema 4D R18 Essential Training: Motion Graphicswith Andy Needham5h 12m Intermediate
1. What Is VFX?
2. The Importance of Motion Tracking
3. Preparing and Animating Models for VFX
4. Basic Materials
5. Basic VFX Lighting
6. Camera Projection and Modelling
7. Takes, Tokens, and Multipass Rendering
Challenge overview1m 49s
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.