Shadows in CINEMA 4D vary in quality and render speed and determining which shadow type to use depends on the project. In this video, learn about the various shadow types available on lights.
- [Narrator] Let's have a look at…the different types of shadow you can have on lights.…So I'm gonna bring up the interactive…render region, alt O on the keyboard.…And we will select our spotlight…and just look at the first type of shadow,…which is going to be soft shadows, shadow maps.…Shadow maps are essentially an image.…And if you come over to our shadow tab,…you can change the quality of that.…And result will mean you get a…sort of sharper edge to this shadow.…But it's gonna increase your memory overhead as well.…
So with a lot of lights in the scene,…this could get quite heavy.…But then, the thing is, that the shadow maps…generally render a lot faster than these other two.…And you can think of this as almost like…a hierarchy of render speed as well.…This is fastest, bit slower,…bit slower, and the slowest here.…So you can change your density just to get a different look.…And you can change the color as well.…Maybe just cool them off a bit.…So yes, balancing your quality is important.…
And let's move on the the next type.…
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders with After Effects and C4D
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 25m Intermediate
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
9. Motion Graphics Challenge
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.