Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Welcome. In this epic tutorial, we will learn BodyPaint 3D. But what is BodyPaint? Well, BodyPaint is CINEMA 4D. Yes, we know, but what is BodyPaint? Seriously, BodyPaint is just a set of CINEMA 4D tools and layouts that allow us to deal with texture placements, 3D painting, and other stuff. Nothing else, that's just it. Sounds simple, but when you start using it, you will understand.
Now, some people say that BodyPaint is difficult. Well, no, it isn't. Some people say that BodyPaint doesn't work. Well, yes, it does. Some people say that they have been abducted by aliens. No, they were not. Now, the last statement, I'm pretty sure, but the first two, I am definite. For everything else in life, I'm not, as the universe is quite a spectacular place and many unexpected things happen from time to time.
Anyway, let's move on and see an overview of what we will learn in this course. And I promise you, by the end of it, you will all be very happy individuals. Welcome to BodyPaint 3D.
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.