Join Thanassis Pozantzis for an in-depth discussion in this video Unwrapping a sphere, part of Learning Bodypaint in Cinema 4D.
- Let me show you a few ways to unwrap a sphere.…Let's select the sphere.…Make it editable by pressing C,…and them I'm going to go to my Display, Lines.…If for any reason you can't see your axis…it's because it's been turned off…in the Filter menu.…Now we can, and now we can't.…I'm gonna keep it off for now, so it's non-intrusive.…Let's go to our UV Edit layout,…and drop our UV map on our texture viewer.…You will see that this is the UV unwrap…of the spherical projection…that the sphere has by default.…
And it's quite a good unwrapping method,…but just for the exercise I'm gonna show you…what else we can do.…So I'm going to go to my 3D edge selection mode.…My add component,…and I'm going to my Select Geometry menu,…and we are going to do a Loop Selection.…Let's move slightly on top of the sphere,…and I'm going to select this and then shift select.…Select everything around.…Okay, we've selected all these vertical edges,…and I'm going use these as cuts,…but contrary to what I showed you with the cube…I'm not going to add a tag.…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.