Join Thanassis Pozantzis for an in-depth discussion in this video Unwrapping the dinosaur limbs, part of Learning Bodypaint in Cinema 4D.
- Let's unwrap the limbs now.…First of all we'll need to find them.…Let's go to our polygon selection,…select Geometry, and Invert Visibility.…It will make all the invisible visible and vice versa.…Then, I'm gonna select this,…select Geometry,…select Connected,…and Hide Unselected.…Good, now we have this limb.…It's a leg.…Let's check out this model…and see what's going on.…
Because the grid now is interfering with my view,…I'm gonna turn this on,…there we go.…So first of all, I want to make sure…that the upper part of the leg,…which has kind of a cylindrical layout,…is separate from the foot down here.…So I'll go to my edge selection,…and I will select this edge.…With my move tool, I'm going to…shift double click,…and shift double click,…so I've completed this loop.…
The next thing I'm going to do is…shift double click here,…and just make sure that I deselect…this part over here,…and this part over there,…and these little bits over there,…so this is what I have currently.…Let me unwrap this bit by bit.…Select Geometry, Fill Selection,…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.