Join Thanassis Pozantzis for an in-depth discussion in this video Unwrapping the dinosaur hands or claws, part of Learning Bodypaint in Cinema 4D.
- Let's deal with hands now.…Luckily, T-Rex doesn't have an opposing thumb.…That would've been an inconvenience,…for humans, although,…we were not around at the same time.…Anyway, let's go here and,…with my UV Polygon selected,…Select Geometry, Select Connected,…and then what I'm going to do is,…Hide Unselected, excellent.…I'm going to apply a very simple split.…I am going to split the top and the bottom…and the claws.…
Good, let me start with the claws.…Move Tool, Edge, click,…Shift double-click,…and, let's go right in there,…Shift double-click, excellent.…Fill Selection, click on this.…Edge Selection, Shift click on this.…We have both our claws.…View them from the front.…Go here, Projection Frontal.…
Let's just do a Relax and see what happens.…Ha ha, not bad, done.…This is the magic, when it works it works.…When it doesn't, it doesn't, but…that's another story.…Good, let me Hide this.…And let's split the rest of the hand.…Edge Selection, Move Tool, click,…Shift double-click, let's go here,…Shift double-click, Shift double-click.…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.