Join Thanassis Pozantzis for an in-depth discussion in this video Unwrapping the dinosaur body, part of Up and Running with Bodypaint in CINEMA 4D.
- Let's unwrap this oversized chicken.…Let's see which side we need to go on.…I think we need to go to the left side,…there you go, this is the correct one.…I'll press "H" to fit it in my view.…I will go to my UV Polygon, Select All,…and do a frontal projection.…Good, that's a good start.…
Now we need to correct all the parts…where we have overlapping polygons.…So we need to relax these, bit in the eye,…what else do we need to do?…A bit over here, over here,…over here, and this looks good.…And a bit over here, and maybe a bit on the lips,…here where the nose is, and so forth.…What can we do?…Well number one, I need to select certain points…which I want to fix.…
Let's go to Point Mode.…Get my Live Selection tool.…I like these, these ones here...…I actually like quite a lot of these things,…so maybe I go the opposite way.…I'm going to Select All,…and using my Command key,…I'm going to deselect some of them,…so I'll deselect these, deselecting that,…that looks good enough.…Deselect this, deselect these,…let's go down here,…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
CINEMA 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.