Join Thanassis Pozantzis for an in-depth discussion in this video Unwrapping Mookie's head, part of Learning Bodypaint in Cinema 4D.
- A 3D model of a head is quite complex, as it has…a lot of concave areas behind the ears,…around here we have nostrils.…So unwrapping shouldn't be that easy,…but there are a couple of things we can do…to make our lives easier.…And number one, let's start cutting the main parts.…When we unwrap heads we try to cut…a T above the eyebrows.…
This is the T shape.…Shift-double-click all the way to the back.…Normally people have hair, Mookie doesn't,…but I think that's not going to give us a lot of trouble.…Don't put this cut very close to the eyebrows,…because this is part of the place where expression happens,…where people stare at.…The face, this part of the face, is the most important part.…
So we need to keep these cuts slightly away from the places…that we're going to have high detail.…Anyway, let's continue that T cut on the top,…and you can extend it a bit more if you need to.…You're gonna adapt it to your work flow.…Excellent, so this will be the initial cut.…I'm gonna cut the ears out as well.…So, get my Loop Selection, and find a nice loop around here.…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.