Join Thanassis Pozantzis for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding projection painting and how to use it, part of Up and Running with Bodypaint in CINEMA 4D.
- The other day my mother asked me, she said,…(mimics a woman's voice) "Thanassis,…"what these Projection Painting?"…We are Greek.…Yes, my mother speaks English with a exotic accent.…Actually, she never asked me that.…Anyway, 'What is Projection Painting?"…is something you should always ask yourself.…You could always ask like my mother,…(changes voice again) "What these Projection Painting?"…But, generally, you can ask any way you want.…So in order to do that,…I'm going to go to my 3D Paint layout,…go to my Materials…and do it I think for the last time,…but I can't promise anything.…
Double click,…activate,…call this mookie body.…And double click on this,…go to the Color channel,…add a new texture.…I'm going to make him blue this time,…okay, kind of blue, not exactly blue,…and I will take this material and drop it…on his trousers this time.…(laughs) I tricked you.…So this is pants,…pants.…
I'm going to double click again…and call this mookie body.…I actually copied and pasted it.…Activate it, double click here,…or double click here, whatever you want.…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
CINEMA 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.