Join Thanassis Pozantzis for an in-depth discussion in this video The Transform tab, part of Up and Running with Bodypaint in CINEMA 4D.
- Let me show you the Transform tab of the UV mapping.…Again, I'm going to stretch it out…so we have a bit more space, so the Transform tab.…In order to do that, I'll create a sphere, Shift C,…type S-P-H, double click on this and we have a sphere,…press C to make it editable and let's display the lines.…I will go to my UV polys, my live selection tool,…and select these UV polygons over here.…Now, I can always get my Move tool and move them around,…but if I want to move them at a specific increment,…I can use the Transform tab.…
These numbers represent the tile itself,…so if I say move one in the X and press Apply,…it will move it all the way one unit, one tile width.…Undo, so if I want to move it a bit, I will move it 0.01,…for example, and Apply, you'll see…there's a very small movement,…and the same applies to Move, Scale, and Rotate numerically.…And you must always press Apply…after you have set your number.…
One thing you need to be very very wary about,…if I type a number 0.001 and press Enter,…you will see that this number is visible,…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
CINEMA 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.