There are some key settings to be aware of when starting a CINEMA 4D scene for the first time. In this video, learn about the project, viewport, and render settings and some important preferences.
- [Instructor] When you open C4D by default,…you'll be presented with a layout…that looks very similar to this.…If your layout doesn't look like mine,…just come over to the right here…and just choose the standard layout…and that will get you back to this kind of view.…So just bring this up here, so we've got a bit more room.…Now, Cinema 4D can be tailored to suit…pretty much any work flow and as you continue to work in C4D…you'll customize the layout with frequently used tools,…commands, plug-ins, and scripts.…If you're brand new to C4D and want to find out…more about the interface,…I suggest you watch the Cinema 4D R18 course…to bring you up to speed and then come back here,…but if you're comfortable with the C4D interface already,…then you'll be as keen as I am to get started.…
I'm gonna show you a few of the settings and preferences,…and things I like to change,…but you do not have to make these changes…and they're not vitally important for completing the course.…That's why I will revert back to the default settings…
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders with After Effects and C4D
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
9. Motion Graphics Challenge
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.