Join Andy Needham for an in-depth discussion in this video Solve with lens data, part of Cinema 4D R20 Essential Training: VFX.
- [Instructor] As we learned in an earlier movie, … we can solve the camera … either by letting the software determine the focal length … or by providing our own data … but it's important not to choose arbitrary numbers … or the solve will be inaccurate. … We're going to use the information obtained … from calibrating the camera in the previous movie. … While this isn't as accurate … as actually knowing the focal length, we'll try it. … So, we'll come over to our Motion Tracker object. … I'm just going to click this gray box here … to just get rid of this Motion Tracker Track view, … we don't need that right now … and I'm going to increase this … so that we can see the attributes clearly. … Now I'm going to change the focal length … to known and constant … and then we'll come over to our calibrated camera … and we'll just copy this focal length … and come back to our table and paste that in … and you can now see the field of V change. … We'll run the 3D Solver … and with the camera solved, …
- What are VFX?
- Automatic and manual 2D tracking
- Solving the 3D camera
- Calibrating a camera
- Scene reconstruction
- Object tracking
- Animating geometry
- Animating cameras
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with Projection Man
- Creating fractures
- Making fractures move
- Rendering using takes and tokens
- Compositing multipass renders
Skill Level Intermediate
OctaneRender for Cinema 4D Essential Trainingwith Andy Needham4h 59m Intermediate
X-Particles 4 for Cinema 4D Essential Trainingwith Andy Needham5h 40m Intermediate
Cinema 4D R20 Essential Training: Motion Graphicswith Andy Needham4h 59m Intermediate
1. What Are VFX?
2. Get Started with Motion Tracking in C4D
3. Motion Tracker: Solve and Calibrate
4. Motion Tracker: Additional Workflows
5. Geometry, Cameras, and Animation
6. Materials and Lighting
7. Work with Projection Man
8. Destruction Techniques with Voronoi Fracture
9. Takes, Tokens, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.