Join Andy Needham for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Rendering and compositing, part of CINEMA 4D R18 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] So let's look at how…we got this out of CINAMA 4D and into After Effects.…And to do that we set up Multi-Pass renders,…so let's look at our Render Settings.…So I chose to use the Physical renderer…as apposed to the standard,…because it was a lot faster to render.…And I just had these settings set up.…I did tweak them at one point…to just see, when I was doing a few tests…just to see if I could make the shadows less grainy,…and so I did up these values.…
And you can use small values,…like point five or whatever,…you don't have to go up a full value,…because, for example, if we were to just…switch this up to Medium…that has a huge impact on the render time.…And I found that I could do something…a bit more custom and it would still be fairly quick,…but then when I thought about it…for the particular shot,…I think it was shot A,…the actual movement is so quick…you would never have registered the grain…on the shadows anyway,…so it didn't make sense to go for these super high…Render Settings when you just wouldn't even appreciate them.…
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders with After Effects and C4D
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
9. Motion Graphics Challenge
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.