Join Andy Needham for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Lighting and texturing, part of Cinema 4D R18 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] Now, let's talk about the lights…and the textures that are in this scene.…So first, let's have a look at the materials…that we've been using.…We have quite a few…and we're following a very simple color scheme…of red, white, and blue.…And if I open up the lettering,…which you'll see on the word "all"...…I'm just going to double click…to open up the material editor…and we have a simple sort of light blue color,…a lighter version in the luminescence channel.…
And in the reflectence,…I've just removed the default specular…and just added a becman,…and I've just changed the layer for now…to use the BET preset.…And you can see in the assignment tab…that that's actually applied to quite a lot objects.…Now, if we me over to the blue edging here...…It's one of my favorite materials.…This has, again, a color, some diffusion.…I'm using the invert direction,…the new invert direction NR18.…
And now, if we look in the luminescence,…that's just adding a bit of brightness.…The transparency is giving us this…kind of plexi glass, tinted glass look…
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders with After Effects and C4D
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 25m Intermediate
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
9. Motion Graphics Challenge
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.