Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up the simulation, part of Cinema 4D: Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics.
- So, now that we have all the elements…of our flag and flag pole set up,…let's go ahead and start to bring some animation…onto our flag by use of the Cloth tag.…It's where we'll do a bulk of our simulation.…And here in this video, we'll examine what steps are needed…to breathe some life into it.…So, the first thing that we need to do…is go ahead and right click on the flag,…and add a Simulation Tags, Cloth.…Now, under here in the Cloth tag itself,…there are all of these different parameters…that give the flag its certain characteristics.…So, let's go ahead and play this back…and just see what happens.…
And you'll notice that the flag…starts to fall right away.…So, that's the first issue that we need…to come up with a solution for.…And what needs to happen is that we need to…pin the top and bottom of the lefthand side…of the flag onto, ideally, the rope.…But for right now, the Cloth tag has under…the Dresser tab. Let's go here.…You'll see that there's this Initial State and Fixed Points.…And those are the two pieces…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with Cinema 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 25m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.