Join Thanassis Pozantzis for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up the preferences, part of Up and Running with Bodypaint in CINEMA 4D.
- As far as preferences are concerned,…there are very few things that you need…to do before you start using BodyPaint.…So, what we can do is go to the Edit, Preferences…and go all the way down to BodyPaint 3D.…So, number one change which I suggest you all do.…Change the Default Format from TIFF to Photoshop…for obvious reasons.…If you want to turn on Interpolation, do that.…It just allows for smoother brushstrokes.…
Now, there are quite a few other things…which I don't really care about…but if you think they're going to make your life easier,…go ahead and change them.…I'm trying to create some realistic here…so we can see what's going on.…I'm going to explain of these things.…Let me go to my 3D Paint view…and let me go my Materials…and for some reason, that wasn't activated.…I'm going to shift click here so I can paint everywhere.…Good, and I'm going to make my brush bigger.…
Excellent.…As you can see, what these preferences are about.…I can press command e or control e for the PC.…Drag it over here.…BodyPaint so we know what this is.…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
CINEMA 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.