The Take System introduced in CINEMA 4D R17 is so powerful and once understood offers a better workflow for creating multiple scene states in a single project file. In this video, learn how to use the Take System to create different shots and to hide objects.
- [Instructor] Here we have an animation…and we've got three different cameras…looking at three different parts of the shot,…focusing on different areas.…And we'll probably use camera two and three…to just use little frame ranges to cut in…different parts, just to maybe add a bit more…interest to the main shot.…So we can use the Take system, which is a very powerful…feature which was brought in in release 17,…to help us get out different shots.…
So we can come over to the Takes tab,…this is the main take, this is what you'd just…work in normally, and this is like just your standard…Cinema 4D scene, and then we can choose a New Take…just by pressing this button here.…We'll give it a name, call it Cam1,…and you can choose a camera,…notice that you use a render setting,…we'll look at those soon.…Now, we can create another one for our second camera…and we'll select the camera to look through,…and you can see that it's jumping over to that view,…and Camera 3.…
This will be our third take.…You saw over here, well, you might see…
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders with After Effects and C4D
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
9. Motion Graphics Challenge
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.