Multipass rendering provides the ultimate level of control when compositing. In this video, learn what passes you would need to output and how to use tokens for naming files and which camera settings to change to create a depth pass in CINEMA 4D.
- [Narrator] So you've had a look…at some of the common render settings…to get an image out of Cinema 4D,…but what about when you want to do…multi-pass compositing?…Let's have a look at what we'd need to do,…and change, to set that up.…We'll come into our Render Settings,…and the first thing we need to do…is make sure we have Multi-Pass on.…While we're in this tab, we can choose Shadow Correction…and that will just kind of smooth out…any aliasing and lines caused by the anti-aliasing.…
We can next come over to our Multi-Pass options…and kind of want to think about…what of these passes we need to include.…I like to have an RGBA image…just so I've got the flat image,…and a good tip is to look at your materials,…and see what channels you have on,…and that gives you a big hint…as to what passes you'll need.…So the color is Diffuse,…and we have the Reflection on as well,…so we'll choose Reflection.…
We've got lights which are casting shadows,…so we'll have a Shadow pass as well.…And in terms of color channels, I think that's all we have.…
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders with After Effects and C4D
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 26m Intermediate
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
9. Motion Graphics Challenge
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.