Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Scene scale consideration, part of Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D.
- In this video, I wanted to touch on scene scale,…and how it has an overall effect on our…cloth simulation.…So inside Cinema 4D,…the cloth simulations are calculated…more or less on how the real world works.…So larger things and items…tend to move a little slower than…maybe some smaller things.…And it's important to keep that in mind…as you're building your scene.…So the way that the sizing of things…does have an effect on the overall simulation.…And so to demonstrate,…I'm going to introduce over here…we've got a Figure object,…I'm going to drop that in.…
And by default,…it comes in as 600 centimeters,…which obviously is not real world.…A six foot human is closer to 183 centimeters.…So I'm going to make that change,…and under Edit I'm going to keep that,…by setting it as Default.…Now Cinema 4D's going to say,…"Hey, do you want to keep this as Default?"…and you'll say yes.…And now every time you add in a new figure,…it's going to default at 183 centimeters.…So that is our reference for the real world.…So I have a small piece of cloth here,…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with CINEMA 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.