You can get very creative with lighting in CINEMA 4D and the Project tab limits what objects are affected by individual lights. In this video, learn how to use the various modes to art direct lights.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Narrator] This is a simple scene to illustrate…how you can get creative with lighting.…We just press Shift + R and we'll render…to the picture viewer.…Just move this over, so we can see what's going on.…And we have various lights in this setup…with shadow, falloff, colors.…It's not necessarily bad or unpleasant to the eye.…But I wanted to show you just how much control…you can have with lights.…So, we'll just close this down.…I'm just going to hold down Alt and double click…on the traffic lights there.…
And then we'll just take a look at our scene lighting.…So, Alt + Click on those, okay.…In the lights, every light has a project tab,…and you can choose a different mode,…so you can choose to include or exclude.…We'll look at the exclude first.…If I turn this light on,…what it's doing is it's excluding the sphere,…and all you need to do is just drag objects in,…just let them go.…It's excluding the sphere,…but it's not excluding the diffuse,…it is excluding the specular,…and it's not excluding the shadows.…
So if we press Alt + R,…
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders with After Effects and C4D
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
9. Motion Graphics Challenge
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.