Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Rope loop, part of Cinema 4D: Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics.
- In this video, let's take a look…at how we can introduce some rope movement…into our simulation here.…This rectangle here is what's actually…defining the shape of the overall rope.…Right now it's completely static,…it's not moving whatsoever.…We have the rings to the flags moving…by way of vibrate tag.…We'll address that here in a little bit,…but let's try to focus in on…getting this Rectangle Spline some movement.…One way we can do that is through…the use of a MoGraph Effector.…This Random Effector, we can make that…a child of the Rectangle Spline.…
Let's go ahead and name that Rectangle Spline, Rope Spline.…We'll rename the Sweep, Rope.…With that Random Effector as a child of the Rope Spline…we can tell it to act as a deformer for the points.…So if you go to deformation and set that to point,…you'll see that it automatically starts taking…the original points that this Rope Spline…and deforming it and randomizing it.…That's a little too much for what we need to have happen,…so let's go ahead and tone down this effect.…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with Cinema 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 25m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.