Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Projection mapping the logo, part of Cinema 4D: Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics.
- We have our left and right curtains animated on,…and so now let's take a look at how we can add a logo…to both of them.…Double-click in the Material Manager,…and in this new material, let's rename that logo,…and we're going to call up a texture to load up…into our color tab.…So let's click in this space here,…and here's our h+ logo, let's go ahead…and double-click that.…And I know this has an alpha channel…so let's enable the alpha.…Let's go back to the Basic tab, turn on our alpha,…and for right now I just want to disable that reflectance…and under the Alpha tab, let's go ahead and reference…that scene, it's bitmap, and we'll say h+ logo.…
So now we have an alpha channel cutting out that logo,…and we can actually apply that logo to the left curtain PC…and the right curtain PC.…So you'll see two things, one, this guy's flipped,…and two, we're not seeing the red material any more.…So let's grab our red curtain material and put it…before the logo onto our actual curtain geometry,…not on the subdivision object.…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with Cinema 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 26m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.