Primitive and Spline Modeling in CINEMA 4D
The primitive and spline modeling tools are universal across all levels of CINEMA 4D (including C4D Lite) and they're some of the best ways to model mechanical objects and other complex objects made of simpler parts. In this course, Donovan Keith shows you how to take a reference photograph and create a model from its shapes and pieces. You'll learn to prep your primitive components and move them into position with the snapping tools. Then you'll deform and combine shapes, duplicating and reusing elements to increase your efficiency, and create a more consistent model. Last, you'll work with splines—extruding objects to give them depth, creating models around an axis with lathes, and stretching surfaces over splines with lofts.
- Modeling what you see
- Grouping objects into components
- Aligning and spacing objects with the Arrange tool
- Modifying basic shapes with deformers
- Creating live copies with the Instance object
- Understanding spline types
- Collecting reference material
- Working with splines
- Creating a simple extrusion
- Creating sweeps, lathes, and lofts
- [Voiceover] Hello and welcome to Primitive and Spline Modeling in CINEMA 4D. We'll be modeling parts from this antique stereo viewer but the skills you learn here will be applicable to all of your modeling projects. This course is a wide-ranging introduction to the primitive and spline modeling tools available in all versions of CINEMA 4D, even CINEMA 4D light. I'll start by showing you how to accurately position components using the snapping tools. Then show you how to use the extrude object to give depth to 2D splines.
We'll see how to create the face mask of our stereo viewer using the loft object. We'll be covering all these features plus plenty of other tools and techniques. Now let's get started with Primitive and Spline Modeling in CINEMA 4D.
Dynamics in CINEMA 4D67,262 Views
Production Rendering Techniques in CINEMA 4D72,098 Views
CINEMA 4D Essentials 8: Character Rigging and Xpresso63,531 Views
CINEMA 4D Essentials 9: Particles and Dynamics56,935 Views
CINEMA 4D Essentials 7: MoGraph Modeling and Animation61,745 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,678,359 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery302,647 Views
CINEMA 4D R16 Essential Training459,170 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced392,295 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training632,647 Views