Join Thanassis Pozantzis for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparing the Mookie model for unwrapping, part of Learning Bodypaint in Cinema 4D.
- It is time unwrap Mookie.…Let's take a look at the model…and see how it's made up.…We have various body parts,…so we have the body,…and we have the left eye,…the right eye, the trousers,…the suspenders, and the buttons.…Everything else seems quite simple,…except for the body,…which we need to go through the procedure…previously applied to the dino,…the T-Rex, and I will do it as follows.…
I'm going to chop off his head,…separate his ears, separate his arm,…his hand,…and, probably, chop up his feet.…He doesn't have legs, this fellow,…but, I guess, if you have a model with legs,…you can apply the same things as with the arms,…so, with that said,…let's go ahead and dissect Mookie.…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.