The Push Apart effector is a brand new MoGraph effector in CINEMA 4D R18 for preventing overlapping clones. Learn how Push Apart uses bounding boxes to perform its operation.
- [Instructor] Every clone has a bounding box, and sometimes…through no fault of their own, they overlap, and if you…look at this example here, when we try to move their…position, we're getting some overlapping clones.…Now in Release 18, there's a way of solving that, so let's…select our Cloner and we'll grab a Push Apart Effector.…Now this Effector's quite strong by default.…You think of the radius as the bounding box, and then this…Iterations is like how many times it's going to loop through…the sequence of clones to push them apart and try and stop…them from intersecting each other.…
So it's really easy to understand with a sphere actually,…because we have a radius and the Push Apart Effector,…if I bring it down here,…it's looking for a radius as well, essentially the bounding…box, so if we bring this to 10 and press Return, and now…look at where we were before.…You can see actually that they are just pushed apart enough…and we're not getting any overlapping clones.…There's other modes to this of course, definitely have an…
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders with After Effects and C4D
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 26m Intermediate
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
9. Motion Graphics Challenge
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.