The Cinema 4D MoGraph tools go beyond the Cloner object. In this video, learn about MoText, MoGraph Selections, and the Tracer object and broaden your knowledge of the MoGraph system.
- [Instructor] Let's look at some other…MoGraph objects and tools.…So first, I'm going to choose the MoText,…and this is really cool.…We can have text that's in the MoGraph system.…So we'll bring up the attributes mgr,…and we can choose a different font.…Yours will not necessarily be the same as mine.…It's just whatever fonts you have on your system.…So we now have changed the font,…and what we can do is effect this text,…and so we'll add a formula effector.…And what I'd like to do is just…come over to the parameters and…I'm going to disable scale.…
I'm going to the change value…from zero on the X and make it 50 on the Y.…And let's just play back and see what we've got.…So it looks like we've got some bouncy text here.…So I'm going to select the MoText…and then I'm going to change the text to be bounce.…And so, you can see now, that's updated.…And while it's still playing through,…it's all very fast, we can come in…and we can add some fillet caps,…and you can see where the effect has been placed.…Now what's really interesting is…
Here, learn key foundational concepts, such as spline modeling, lighting, and materials, which are crucial to understanding exactly how this 3D application functions. Instructor Andy Needham covers practical techniques for extruding shapes; working with MoGraph tools such as Cloners and Effectors; and adding lighting and camera views for fully realized 3D motion graphics. Plus, find out how to integrate assets from Adobe Illustrator, composite multipass renders with the After Effects and C4D workflow, and use the Takes System to try different materials and settings and export your projects in the exact sizes and resolutions you need.
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using Effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders in After Effects
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Bodypaint in Cinema 4Dwith Thanassis Pozantzis4h 43m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with Cinema 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
X-Particles 3 for Cinema 4D Essential Trainingwith Andy Needham3h 17m Appropriate for all
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
Next steps1m 39s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.