The Step effector can be used to offset animated clones in CINEMA 4D. In this video, learn how to incorporate this effect into a MoGraph setup to create a cascading animated effect.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at how…we'd offset animation with effectors,…and in this little setup I've got a cube…and it has these deformers underneath it.…Now deformers allow you to manipulate geometry…in a nondestructive way.…So I've got this Bend Deformer selected…and you can see it's got some animation on it.…If I hold down J and just Scrub the timeline.…See now it's unfolding this cube,…and the cube also has a bit of tapering on it,…you can turn these off,…and as I said, it's nondestructive.…
So now this is quite interesting…when you put it into a Cloner,…and so you just turn on the Cloner here.…We've got the cloner in a linear setup,…and the clone is going to use a Spline Effector…to clone onto this outer ring.…So, what happens when we play all this back?…Well, you get this kind of unfolding happening.…And wouldn't it be cool if we can offset this,…and kinda create a cascading effect.…Well, let's do that with a Step Effector.…So I'm gonna select the Clone,…and come over the the MoGraph menu,…and with the Effectors, we'll just come…
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders with After Effects and C4D
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
9. Motion Graphics Challenge
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.