Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Morph corrections, part of Cinema 4D: Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics.
- So in this video, we'll take a look at how…we can use the Pose morph to correct certain areas…of our simulation.…Right now in the viewport, we see all the different states…of our curtain, and really what we want to focus in on…is just the morph, so I'm going to select it…and go down to Viewport Solo Single,…and when I click onto my Pose Morph tag, I can easily see…that the curtain end states and the different poses here,…I can just dial these in.…Now you'll notice that the animation's not running…because I'm at the very beginning of the timeline,…but if I do play it,…I can see, let's back up here,…the curtains hitting down the bottom, I can see the bowing,…I can see how the simulation abruptly ends.…
So, let's fix the abrupt ending of the simulation.…Since we only cached 100 frames, once we get to 101,…it's just going to stop, so really, at frame 100,…I kind of want to be in my endstate already,…and so I'm going to set a keyframe here.…That's our destination, and so when we back up a little bit,…so let's say frame 70, that'll give us a good 30 frames,…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with Cinema 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 25m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.