Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Modeling the rope, part of Cinema 4D: Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics.
- Now that we have the flagpole model,…let's go ahead and tackle the flag rope itself,…and to do that, we'll use the Sweep object.…With the Sweep object,…we're able to take two different splines…and use those to define some geometry.…So, let's start off with the spline here.…I'm going to use a rectangle spline…and just to make it easier to see,…we'll just change up the color,…say Off to On, and go ahead and leave that white.…I'm going to actually make sure,…let's turn this snapping off, let's move this off…to the side a little bit,…and let's try to get this in the ballpark…of our flagpole.…
So, we'll come over to the Object tab…and turn up our Height.…We'll just dial that up visually…and just kind of get it in the ballpark.…So, somewhere in here maybe.…If we raise this up, actually,…let's do a couple things to this Taurus here,…let's bring this Taurus down.…And now we can bring our rectangle a little lower.…
I've got my rectangle selected here…and I want to disable my X and Z movement…and now, when I have my Move tool selected,…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with Cinema 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 25m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.