Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Modeling the flag pole, part of Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D.
- So now let's take a look at modeling a flagpole…and some rope using the few different techniques,…including poly modeling and use of spline tools.…So first thing, I'm going to take my flag and disable…its visibility here.…Under the Basic tab, we'll say Visible in Editor, Off.…And then when we think about a flagpole,…generally it's a cylinder in shape with maybe a sphere…on top, right?…So we can use these primitives here in the fly out…pop up view here to add in a sphere…and add in a cylinder.…
So this is the base form of everything that we're going to…build around.…I'm not going to worry too much about the scaling…of things right now because we can always resize it.…So let's just nail down the overall shape of things.…So with that sphere selected, I'm going to move this up…in space, in Y space, somewhere in here.…And to make this a little bit easier to read,…let's go ahead and shift select both the cylinder…and the sphere.…Come over to the Basic tab and Use Color.…Say On, and let's just select a different display color…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with CINEMA 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.